Cleveland Golf is a golf club manufacturer that was founded in 1979 by its namesake Roger Cleveland. We are currently regarded as a forerunner in product innovation and currently produce the number one wedge used in the PGA and LPGA tours. We offer great benefits that include health, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, flexible spending, long term and short-term disability, and 401k with company matching.
If you are interested please submit your resume to HumanResources@ClevelandGolf.com with the Job Title that you are applying for in the Subject line. Cleveland Golf is an equal opportunity employer.
Research and Development Engineer Intern
Date Posted - 05/06/2015
Location - Huntington Beach, CA
Employment Type - Intern
Department - R&D : Engineering Team
Working in a team environment, the R&D Intern will support efforts in testing product performance, data analysis, and performance simulation. Cleveland Golf is located in Huntington Beach, California. No relocation assistance provided for this position.
- Assist with analytical research on current and future golf clubs and other equipment/mechanisms relating to products.
- Assist with data acquisition and analysis relating to current and future golf club performance
- Coordinate and collect lab measurements
- Collect performance data for current and future golf club designs
- Prepare, organize, and otherwise communicate findings in technical reports to management and other departments as necessary
- Assist with various analytical and simulation techniques used in club design
- Ideal candidate is science or engineering student with at least 2 full years coursework completed into Bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Previous engineering internship experience helpful but not necessary.
- The successful candidate will exhibit high levels of creative problem-solving skills and grit
Knowledge, exposure to, or experience in the following categories is a plus:
- Excel: general use, visual basic coding
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Methods
- CAE tools: CAD (Unigraphics), Finite Element (Altair Hyperworks/RADIOSS)
- Materials: metals (steel, titanium, aluminum, tungsten); composites (graphite, fiber reinforced plastics, pre-preg); plastics
- Processes and Manufacturing Techniques: CNC, forging, forming, casting, stamping, heat-treatment, etc.
- Design of Experiments
- Material Testing: stress/strain, modulus, hardness.
- Mechanical Testing: strain gages, impact, stiffness, fatigue, corrosion, environment
- Knowledge and experience in golf is a plus
Director of Business Development
Date Posted - 02/12/2015
Location - Huntington Beach, CA
Employment Type - Full Time
Department - Business Development
Purpose: This procedure defines and details the function, reporting relationships, responsibilities, duties and expectations of performance of the Director of Business Development of Cleveland Golf/Srixon.
The basic function of the Director of Business Development is to manage the department that empowers managers and executives of CG/Srixon with better information to inform decision making. This role is specialized and technical in nature and requires data acquisition training, market research capabilities, and communication skills to help answer high-level business questions. Due to the complexity of the work, this position requires regular use of independent judgment and discretion to adequately analyze the business and present findings. The position requires excellent communication skills as regular interface with the company's executive management team is expected as are department managerial responsibilities.
The Director of Business Development reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing. The Director of Business Development currently has two direct reports in the department. This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Business and Marketing Analysis
- Creating, maintaining, and automating various business reports which empower managers/executives with better information to inform decision making. Project management as directed by the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing - usually in the areas of:
- New data acquisition or reporting
- Design and implement the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
- Mid/longer term planning and business modeling
- Initiatives that require collaboration with the IT department
- Modifying data acquisition methods
- Statistical analysis/modeling
- Projects that require geographic modeling or analysis/GIS (e.g. sales territory optimization, DMA-specific advertising)
- Evaluating new business intelligence tools or systems for future use (often with outside companies)
- Improving business planning and budgeting
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Analysis of partnership, alliance or distribution proposals
- Operational efficiency improvements
- Assisting in the training and development of staff in areas of financial modeling, business planning, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting – particularly in the sales, marketing, and finance teams.
- Identifying new business opportunities for the management team – including, but not limited to: new sales channels, new customer prospects, shifts in product mix/focus, sales revenue growth opportunities, or operational improvements to improve profitability.
- Managing and maintaining key corporate data and data architecture. Examples include:
- Sell-through data from key customers
- Key data associated market research licenses such as:
- Longitudes customer/prospect segmentation data
- Golf Datatech market share data
- NGF data
Expectations and Measurments of Performance
Director of Business Development of Cleveland Golf/Srixon will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following are being accomplished:
Deadlines are met: Projects and tasks are managed effectively in a timely fashion.
Effective Communication: All information, reports, and progress associated with projects and tasks are communicated effectively to project team members and Senior VP of Sales & Marketing (written summaries, analysis is clear, and demonstrates effective communication skills)
Quality of work: Findings, reports, and conclusions are presented in a relevant, accurate, and effective way. Finished work needs to be archived properly.
Improvement of the business: new ideas should contribute to increasing revenue, profitability, or improve the image of our brands.
Teamwork: projects and interactions with colleagues are constructive, collaborative, professional, respectful, and effective.
Employee development: Employee shows growth in job knowledge, versatility, leadership, communication skills, and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the North American business operation.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Managerial and leadership ability.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 3 years of project/program/department management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5 years of project/program/department management experience.