Cleveland Golf is a golf club manufacturer that was founded in 1979 by its namesake Roger Cleveland. We are currently regarded as a forerunner in product innovation and currently produce the number one wedge used in the PGA and LPGA tours. We offer great benefits that include health, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, flexible spending, long term and short-term disability, and 401k with company matching.
If you are interested please submit your resume to HUMANRESOURCES@CLEVELANDGOLF.COM with the Job Title that you are applying for in the Subject line. Cleveland Golf is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Field Service Rep.
Location: See below
Position Type: FULL TIME
Travel: Up to 100%
**Currently we are looking to fill one position: (1) in Phoenix, AZ**
The Field Service Rep will have two primary components:
- Provide support in driving sales performance within a territory
- Excellent customer and consumer satisfaction thru field activities
The FSR will work with the Independent Sales Rep to partner with retailers from a golf specialty store to a green grass golf shop to deliver the products, experiences and brand stories that make SRX/CG/XXIO the preeminent golf brand portfolio. The team of two will work to ignite the brands and accelerate sales and distribution growth well above company averages. The FSR will keenly understand consumers, the marketplaces and SRX/CG/XXIO products. They will collaborate with the Independent Sales Rep to work on Marketing, Merchandising, Trial, and Product Placement plans for each territory. Responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns to generate new prospects and improve client retention.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Ball Fitting Events - technical assistance in providing consumer recommendations on proper golf ball selection Wedge Clinics - conducting Scoring Clinics with local golf professionals to help wedge fit consumers XXIO Experience Days – provide consumer trial events at local XXIO dealer locations Retail Merchandising – updating brand presence at local retailers including POP, inventory, and display assembly Account Development - conduct sales presentations to grow product distribution within a territory Staff Training - conduct education and training events for dealers within a territory Field Updates – provide detailed updates of competitor field information and territory trends Weekly Call Reports – completion of weekly call reports and event scheduling
EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- 1-3 years of Sales Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have golf industry, retail and/or education (i.e. PGM Program, Golf Academy) experience
- High-energy individual with strong multi-tasking, selling skills, and relationship building skills
- Passion for the Srixon/CG/XXIO brands and products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellence at managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
Job Title: Inventory Analyst and Material Planner
Reports to: Planning Manager
Summary: This position will be responsible for analyzing inventory levels and inventory requirements, coordinating all material planning efforts with multiple departments, and for the purchase of products in accordance with established company procedures. The Material Planner is responsible for maintaining adequate inventory to fulfill sales requirements while increasing inventory turnover and reducing scrap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):Analyze current component inventory and future component inventory against actual sales, forecasted sales plan, and previous product sales trends to identify inventory needs
- Procure all required materials from approved suppliers as required by the inventory analysis.
- Manage purchase orders to demand requirements and communicate changes to suppliers
- Expedite purchase orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps.
- Track progress of parts to ensure time schedules and delivery.
- Analyze and apply MRP reports in ordering parts to ensure appropriate delivery dates
- Plan work orders for product lines within capacity schedule
- Monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Works with master scheduler to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders.
- Verify data accuracy (part numbers, BOMs, part costs) in MRP and resolve discrepancies
- Identify problem areas with the supply chain, research root causes, and offer possible solutions
- Create and analyze reports, graphs and charts for various logistical related functions
- Create and implement improvement plans to reduce inventory and non-value added work
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest materials and procurement concepts
- Complete special assignments for the department as directed by the Manager
Requirements:Bachelor degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or Business Administration
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Superior Attention to Detail
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Data Analysis Ability
Job Title: QC Clerk
Reports To: Greg Brett
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay scale level – Operations Staff level 4
Department: Quality Control
Summary: Responsible for data collection and reporting, disposition of defective components and supplier returns, pilot runs, and creating inspection forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Run reports and collect data necessary for weekly and monthly reports. These reports include inspection reports, supplier performance reports, corrective action reports, non-conforming material reports, and credit reason code reports.
Update and maintain instrument/asset calibration database and component catalogs.
Obtain inspection criteria and specifications for new products and create inspection forms.
Disposition defective and returned product and process necessary paperwork.
Conduct club assembly pilot runs and report data to QC Manager and R&D
Assist quality and engineering in investigations of process related quality issues.
Communication to QA and Production Management concerning quality issues when required
Organize work and storage areas for efficient workflow and to showcase the quality of work in the QC lab.
Cross-train in at least two receiving functions and two functions from another manufacturing department. Inspector level three shall be capable of training beginning Inspectors in all aspects of inspection
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.Quantity - Works quickly.Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write English (bi-lingual Spanish preferred).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must know how to read standard and metric rulers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Good knowledge of Word and Excel. Basic Enterprise One and S.C.A.L.E. knowledge preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed. ASQ CQIA or CQI a plus
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of all personnel. The above
duties are subject to change and shall not be construed as a promise or contract of employment
or of any specific duties.
Job Title: Research and Development Engineer
Classification: Office Non-Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Date: July 5, 2017
Performs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for research, testing, development, engineering, planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through other support resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Essential job duties identified below represent expected duties, though the exact role may be shaped to fit the candidate.
- Plans and implements engineering program, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and resource requirements, per design and engineering requirements.
- Responsible for researching and engineering concepts to develop technology for future products.
- Performs and/or determines testing and analysis necessary for product performance.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Identifies project resource requirements and coordinates resources with supporting organization managers.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design and engineering documents.
- Oversees specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, project requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Interacts and communicates with domestic and international component suppliers to convey design and engineering requirements.
- Travels to domestic and international component vendors to resolve issues or release production when necessary
- Oversees the development of the product from conception to mass production.
- Evaluates, approves, and prepares design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Interfaces with management and personnel from other departments to provide status and progress reports and ensure project needs are met.
- Provides engineering support as needed to other departments and personnel.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Occasional travel may be requested. Likely 0-1 domestic and 1-2 international trips per year.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidates would have a Bachelors degree or higher in one of the following majors: Mechanical/Aerospace/Industrial/Civil Engineering, Material Science, Physics.
- Some experience (1-3 years) in Engineering field helpful but not necessary.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of experience
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Avid golfer a plus
- Experience in product development a plus
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) a plus
Job Title: Marketing Content Specialist
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Date: June 28, 2017
The basic function of the Marketing Content Specialist is to support brand development for Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO by assisting sales and marketing with copy writing and content creation, including but not limited to the following categories: website/digital, email marketing, catalogs, social media, and launch campaigns.
Marketing Content Specialist is responsible for:
- Overseeing copy of sales/marketing assets for Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO brands in North America.
- Managing copy and visual content for all Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO North America websites.
- Assists with copy and content creation for Srixon, Cleveland Golf and XXIO global brand marketing.
- Assists Marketing Communications Manager with email marketing and launch campaigns.
- Assists Marketing Communications Associate with social media executions.
- Support marketing events related to sales meetings, PGA Show, PR events, tour, and advertising shoots.
- Occasional consumer marketing research in the field (surveys, product testing, etc.).
- Miscellaneous coordination and administrative support.
A moderate amount of travel should be expected.
EXPECATIONS AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
The Marketing Content Specialist at Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO must be an expert on golf equipment and be comfortable writing about golf equipment every day. This employee is deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following are being accomplished:
- Deadlines: Projects and tasks are effectively managed through completion in a timely fashion deadlines/milestones are met.
- Communication: All information, reports, and progress associated with projects and executions are communicated effectively with stakeholders.
- Quality of Work: Content created is free from errors and aligned with brand positions and strategies.
- Teamwork: Projects and interactions with colleagues are constructive, collaborative, professional, respectful, and effective.
- Employee Development and Attitude: Employee shows growth in job knowledge, versatility, communication, and marketing skill. Employee should be able to ascend to marketing management.
- Ownership of All Copy for Sales/Marketing: Employee must utilize expert communication expertise for golf, and show consistency in editing and writing high-quality content across all channels.
All of the expectations outlined above will be monitored by comparative assessments, interviews with managers/colleagues/direct reports, and evaluation by the Marketing Communications Manager. When possible, objective quantitative measures will be used.
Job Title: Customer Service Agent I
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Date: May, 2017
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; and discussing those ideas with Customer Service Supervisor or Customer Service Manager.
- Ensure proper corporate messaging, reading from scripts as needed to ensure this is achieved.
- Provide feedback to Customer Service Supervisor on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Keep abreast of new company products and services.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or social media.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Processes customer orders/changes/returns/repairs according to established department policies and procedures.
- Answer product and service questions for customers; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Provide timely and accurate information in response to inquiries, order status, concerns and requests about products and services.
- Handle questions regarding changes in policies or procedures.
- Provide pricing and delivery information for orders.
- Perform customer verifications.
- Attempt to persuade customer to reconsider cancellation of order.
- Keep thorough documentation of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, complaints and actions taken.
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale.
- Process paperwork related to credits/adjustments.
- Process paperwork related to repairs and returns.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Escalate to Customer Service Supervisor, as needed, for unresolved issues.
- Suggest solutions when a product malfunctions or a customer is experiencing product difficulty.
- Inform customer of deals and promotions.
- Up-sell products and services.
- Work with Customer Service Supervisor and/or Customer Service Manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Provide timely feedback to Customer Service Supervisor regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Communicate effectively with team members within the customer service department.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments and external partners to resolve issues and provide superior service.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Partner with the sales team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
Phone Skills, Listening Skills, Documentation Skills, Detail-Oriented, Problem Solving, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, Time Management
Customer Focus, Communication Proficiency, Teamwork Orientation, Technical Capacity, Adaptability, Initiative, Quality Focus, Product Knowledge
Occasional travel may be requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and one to three year related experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ related experience.