Cleveland Golf is a golf club manufacturer that was founded in 1979 by its namesake Roger Cleveland. We are currently regarded as a forerunner in product innovation and currently produce the number one wedge used in the PGA and LPGA tours. We offer great benefits that include health, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, flexible spending, long term and short-term disability, and 401k with company matching.
If you are interested please submit your resume to HUMANRESOURCES@CLEVELANDGOLF.COM with the Job Title that you are applying for in the Subject line. Cleveland Golf is an equal opportunity employer.
Download Job Application Here
Job Title: Copywriter
Date: August 31, 2020
Are you looking to develop your writing, editing and marketing skills in a fun, fast-paced environment? Do you LOVE golf? Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO, a collection of leading golf equipment brands in Huntington Beach, is looking for a Copywriter to support brand development by assisting sales and marketing with copywriting and content creation, including but not limited to the following categories: website/digital, email marketing, catalogs, social media, and launch campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Overseeing copy of sales/marketing assets for Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO brands in North America.
- Managing copy and visual content for all Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO North America websites.
- Assists with copy and content creation for Srixon, Cleveland Golf and XXIO global brand marketing.
- Assists with email marketing, press releases, and launch campaigns.
- Support marketing events related to sales meetings, PGA Show, PR events, tour, and advertising shoots.
- Occasional consumer marketing research in the field (surveys, product testing, etc.).
- Miscellaneous coordination and administrative support for Marketing Communications department.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally (2-3 times per year).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years of professional copywriting and/or editing experience
- Expert knowledge of the game of golf and golf equipment
- Willingness to write about golf and golf equipment on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, journalism, communications, business or marketing
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with HTML, social media and email marketing
- Presentation skills
If interested in the position, please submit application, resume, and portfolio to HR –
Job Title: Test Laboratory Technician
Date: July 21, 2020
Performs laboratory measurements of golf clubs and golf club components in support of the Research and Development department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as loft and lie gages, swing-weight scales, digital scales, tensile tester, torque tester, flexboard, inertia tester and other equipment.
- Perform laboratory measurements of heads, shafts, grips and clubs
- Conduct laboratory tests: tensile, ball cannon, environmental, etc. of clubs and components.
- Build golf clubs for cannon, player and robot testing.
- Prepare measurement data to be entered into database.
- Records test results on standardized forms.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues in R&D department.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Access, as a user, not a programmer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Job Title: Industrial Designer / CAD Specialist
Reports to: Industrial Designer Manager
Date: July 15 2020, Position available immediately
Location: Huntington Beach, CA. Willing to discuss telecommuting.
Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO Research and Development is seeking a candidate for an Industrial Design-CAD Specialist hybrid position.
This role will have two dimensions. Approximately half of this role’s workload will be traditional design work on golf clubs (all models), using tools such as photoshop, illustrator, and keyshot. The other half will be as a CAD Specialist, using 3D modeling software to support various R&D functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Work with other industrial designers to steer and manage the design process throughout the entire development cycle of the product, from inception to production.
- Execute new product development activities such as brainstorming, ideation, sketching, market analysis, modeling, prototyping, testing, surveying.
- Take responsibility for the aesthetics and cosmetics of all products.
- Develop CAD models/concepts and refine existing models using a variety of techniques in Unigraphics NX, including surfacing, the sketch application, part families, and other advanced applications within the software
- Design for X: cost, manufacturing, performance, quality.
- Maintain strong personal capability vis a vis design: drawing, modeling, painting, prototype finishing, metal finishing (polishing, blasting, etc.), and design best-practices.
- Host design reviews and frequently report project status verbally or through documentation
- Coordinate work closely with other teams in product development (CAD, Engineering, Marketing)
- When necessary, coordinate and communicate with overseas vendors and suppliers
- No direct reports
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Software – Experience with CAD software preferred (Unigraphics NX preferred, or Solidworks), Design Software (Adobe Suite, Keyshot). Candidates with minimal CAD experience who show outstanding potential and motivation to learn CAD will be considered.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Adheres closely to project plans and schedules; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others;
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Occasional travel may be requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fine Arts, Product Design, or similar
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 0-5 years of work experience will be considered
- Avid golfer a plus
- Experience in product development a plus
Job Title: Credit Representative
Central Orange County sporting goods manufacturer seeks an experienced Credit Representative. We seek enthusiastic candidates that exhibit a positive, can do attitude in their approach to problem solving and completing tasks. In addition to credit and collection activities, our Credit Department also works closely with the Customer Experience Team and Sales Organization to support the service needs of our customers. Successful candidates display a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business accounting / finance is preferred
- 3+ years of commercial credit & collection experience
- Credit or Accounting experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Administrative experience with School clubs / sports teams, or involvement with a particular interest or charity
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and 401K. Qualified applicant should possess a minimum 3+ years of commercial credit collection experience. Responsibilities include collection calls, account reconciliations, negotiating payment plans, documenting problems and solutions, evaluating credit reports and releasing orders. Excellent communication & organization skills are required.
For consideration, please email resume and salary requirements.
Job Title: FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Location: South Chicago
Position Type: FULL TIME
Travel: Up to 100%
The Field Service Representative, (FSR), will have two primary components:
- Provide support in driving sales performance within a territory
- Excellent customer and consumer satisfaction thru field activities
The FSR will work with the Independent Sales Representative, (ISR), to partner with retailers from a golf specialty store to a green grass golf shop to deliver the products, experiences and brand stories that make SRX/CG/XXIO the preeminent golf brand portfolio. The team of two will work to ignite the brands and accelerate sales and distribution growth well above company averages. The FSR will keenly understand consumers, the marketplaces and SRX/CG/XXIO products. They will collaborate with the ISR to work on Marketing, Merchandising, Trial, and Product Placement plans for each territory. Responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns to generate new prospects and improve client retention.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ball Fitting Events - technical assistance in providing consumer recommendations on proper golf ball selection
- Wedge Clinics - conducting Scoring Clinics with local golf professionals to help wedge fit consumers
- XXIO Experience Days – provide consumer trial events at local XXIO dealer locations
- Demo Days – Host multi brand demo days at On Course and Off Course Facilities
- Sales Calls and Account Development – Make consistent weekly sales calls at accounts within the territory
- Retail Merchandising – updating brand presence at local retailers including POP, inventory, and display assembly
- Staff Training - conduct education and training events for dealers within a territory
- Field Updates – provide detailed updates of competitor field information and territory trends
- Weekly Scheduling – Plan activities a minimum of 2 weeks in advance and document in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Weekly Call Reports – completion of weekly call reports and event scheduling.
Must be able to drive a large cargo van. Must be able to perform bending, reaching and twisting motions for multiple hours per day. Must also be able to lift and carry 50+ pounds.
EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- 1-3 years of Sales Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the State you are applying for
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have golf industry, retail and/or education (i.e. PGM Program, Golf Academy) experience
- High-energy individual with strong multi-tasking, selling skills, and relationship building skills
- Passion for the Srixon/CG/XXIO brands and products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellence at managing multiple priorities
- Ability to long hours, weekends and evenings